Appeal on Denial of Eligibility
Appeal on Denial of Recertification
Use of Certification Credential and Marks
Certification Only by Examination
Continuing Education Units
Approved Educational Provider (AEP) Program
Certification Compliance and Disciplinary Procedures
Dog Training and Behavior Intervention Practices
Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive (LIMA) Effective Behavior Intervention
Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
Electronic Training Collar Position Statement
Breed Specific Legislation Position Statement
Mandating Certification Position Statement
Train and Board Facility Abuse Statement
Recertification Due Date Extension
Recertification Late Submission
Recertification Scholarship Program
Complaint Policy and Form
CCPDT® is not a federal or state licensing agency. Our certificants are held to high standards and are expected to comply with our Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive (LIMA) Effective Behavior Intervention. As part of our mission, we will investigate complaints alleging violations of either of these policies.
Instructions for Filing a Complaint With CCPDT
- An individual desiring to file a complaint about a CCPDT certificant must complete the Complaint Form and submit it to CCPDT via email to email@example.com or via mail to CCPDT, 1350 Broadway, Suite 800, New York, NY 10018.
- The Certificant Compliance Committee will review the complaint and determine if the complaint alleges facts that violate the CCPDT Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics and/or Least Intrusive, Minimally Aversive (LIMA) Effective Behavior Intervention policies.
- If it appears from the allegations that any of the policies have been violated, the identified witnesses will be contacted and may be asked to sign an affidavit.
- A copy of the Complaint Form, including the name(s) of the complainant, will be given to the individual cited in the form.
- Upon completion of the investigation, the Certificant Compliance Committee will notify the CCPDT Executive Committee of its findings in compliance with the CCPDT Certification Compliance and Disciplinary Procedures.