Continuing Education Units
Complaint Policy and Form
Instructions For Filing A Complaint With The CCPDT
The CCPDT is not a state licensing agency. Our certificants are held to high standards and are expected to comply with our Code of Ethics and Dog Training and Behavior Intervention Practices, (“Practices”). As part of our mission, we will investigate complaints alleging violations of either of these sets of standards.
- An individual desiring to file a complaint about a CCPDT certificant must complete the online complaint form.
- The Certificant Compliance Committee will review the complaint and determine if the complaint alleges facts that violate either the CCPDT Code of Ethics or Standard of Practices.
- If it appears from the allegations that either the Code or Ethics or the CCPDT Practices have been violated, the identified witnesses will be contacted and may be asked to sign an affidavit.
- A copy of the complaint form, including the name(s) of the complainant, will be given to the individual cited in the form.
- Upon completion of the investigation, the Certificant Compliance Committee will notify the Executive Committee of the CCPDT of its findings in compliance with the CCPDT Certification Compliance and Disciplinary Procedures.
- Send a copy of the complaint form to CCPDT at 1350 Broadway, Suite 1705, New York, NY 10018