Job Title: Public Dog Trainer
- Provide dog training advice and materials for ARF adopters, in class settings and in private consultations.
- Respond to and follow up on questions generated in the class environment and ensure students’ needs are addressed or referred, both in a class setting and via behavior telephone line return calls and email responses.
- Assist in the development of adoption take home plans
- Help advice ARFs foster volunteers with training and follow up.
- Provide effective training of duties and mentoring to volunteers who assist with training classes.
- Help to administer Canine Good Citizen tests
- High School Diploma required. BA or AA degree not required, but preferred. Degrees in Animal Sciences, Psychology or Sociology are encouraged to apply.
- Dog Behavior and Training course of study preferred or comparable experience.
$29/hour. Medical, dental, and vision benefits. Assistance with certification fees and continuing education.