Call for Board Member Candidates
The CCPDT is seeking three (3) individuals to fill open seats on its board of directors. Service on the board is a serious commitment, but offers an educational and rewarding experience for those serving. If you enjoy collaborating with other professionals and have a desire to give service back to your profession through the mission of CCPDT, we want you..
CCPDT Board Member Duties
CCPDT Board Members serve a three (3) year term. Board members must be able to regularly participate and contribute to CCPDT business.
Specific duties include:
- Support and promote the mission of the CCPDT
- Actively participate in strategic planning
- Actively participate in policy making
- Respond to regular email communications which may require document review and feedback
- Participate in a monthly scheduled conference call on the third Thursday of each month from 4:00– 5:30 pm Eastern Time
- Attend the annual in-person board meeting in May
- Represent the CCPDT in a professional manner
- Be a member of at least one (1) committee, or represent the CCPDT by staffing our booth at a trade show
- Pursue any CCPDT certifications not currently held within 18-months of joining the board
CCPDT Board Member Qualifications
- Be a current CCPDT certificant
- Be up-to-date in canine behavior research and training methods
- Support the CCPDT mission statement, goals and objectives, and strategic plan
- Be creative and take initiative in the growth of the CCPDT
- Work collaboratively with fellow board members, but have the ability to work independently
- Meet deadlines and be an active board member
- Have strong interpersonal skills, writing skills, and a working knowledge of computers
- Have daily access to email
- Can travel to CCPDT meetings up to one time per year (expenses reimbursed)
- Bring a diverse background to the table with experience not only in dog training and/or canine behavior, but in other areas as well. Desired areas include, but are not limited to: accounting or bookkeeping; veterinary medicine or veterinary technician experience; publishing, writing, or editing experience; a marketing or advertising background; experience with website development and optimization; a background in social work, psychology, or medicine.
Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct
Members of the CCPDT board of directors are required to sign the Conflict of Interest Policy and the Director’s Code of Conduct and, at a minimum, disclose any potential Conflicts of Interest annually.
If you are interested in serving on The CCPDT Board, please submit the following:
- A completed Board Member Application (attached)
- Business resume, curriculum vitae, or short biographical summary
All application packages must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm ET Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Bradley Phifer CBCC-KA, CPDT-KSA
Executive Director, CCPDT
Question? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.