Title: Canine First Aid: Everything A Dog Wants You to Know in an Emergency
|CPDT-KSA Knowledge:||3||CBCC-KSA Knowledge:||4|
|CPDT-KSA Skills:||0||CBCC-KSA Skills:||0|
It was a challenge to design a canine first aid program that would maintain our high standards in canine first aid education -- but we did it!
Our DOGSAFE Canine First Aid course is designed to teach you the knowledge and skills to deal with a sick or injured dog until veterinary care is available.
The topics are covered in-depth so that students have a thorough understanding of the principles of canine first aid.
You will Learn How to:
- prevent common injuries
- conduct a head to tail assessment
- tell if your dog is experiencing pain
- recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
- respond to any emergency in 4 easy steps
- safely approach an injured dog
- take your dog's vital signs and 3 other health tests
- perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- perform artificial respiration
- remove an airway obstruction (choking)
- prevent and treat for shock
- control deadly bleeding
- deal with penetrating objects
- prevent and treat eye injuries
- prevent and treat abdominal wounds
- recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
- prevent and respond to drowning
- assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
- prevent and respond to poisonings
- prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
- prevent and respond to heatstroke
- treat minor burns
- treat various wounds
DOGSAFE® courses are designed to make complex topics easy. Our teaching techniques will appeal to auditory, visual and tactile learners. Everyone will learn thru seeing, listening, moving and doing which improves knowledge retention. This means that you not only learn the topics on course day, but more importantly, retain the information for years to come. This makes learning with DOGSAFE not only fun, but effective.
Our distance education Dogsafe Canine First Aid course is instructed by Dogsafe creator, Michelle Sevigny.
Sponsor: Dogsafe Canine First Aid
Speaker(s): **Michelle Sevigny