Title: Dial Up Your Performance, Obedience FUNdamentals
When: 08/03/2013 at 09:00 to 08/04/2013 at 17:00
Where: Cold Nose College
|CPDT-KSA Knowledge:||4||CBCC-KSA Knowledge:||0|
|CPDT-KSA Skills:||12||CBCC-KSA Skills:||0|
Take your obedience and rally performance to the next level! This is a hands (and paws) on seminar where you will learn the basics of training each obedience exercise (Novice, Open, Utility) AND Rally skills, as well as learning effective Conformation strategies and honing your skills as a trainer and handler.
This 2-day workshop is hosted by Cold Nose College and will be taught by Hannah Branigan of Wonderpups Training in Creedmore, NC. Join us for a weekend of fun learning for you and your dog!
Focus and Motivation/ FUN reinforcement:
• Learn how to develop games and motivators to increase your dog’s enthusiasm and improve his focus.
• Learn how to use play as a reinforcer in practical training applications. We will discuss why we use play, what kind of toy is best for your dog, how to engage (and control!) play, when and how to incorporate it into your training.
• We’ll also explore options for reinforcement that can go in the ring with you (non-food/non-toy).
• Learn the foundation skills necessary for focused heeling, and how to troubleshoot common heeling issues.
• We will also teach you how to use “footwork
Sponsor: Cold Nose College
Speaker(s): **Hannah Branigan, CPDT-KA, KPA-CTP